Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Pseudo Pain

I must admit that pseudo pain is something I never thought about before becoming a mom! I thought my days of stressing before try-outs and the frustration of trying to master new skills was far behind me. I find myself today on the verge of tears. Tori has taken up gymnastics for the last 10 or so months. She has found something that she really loves. Her coaches are working with her to advance through a couple of levels over the next year. She is really excited about this and is trying really hard. They all say she is a very hard worker and a joy to coach. Of course, this makes a mom feel really proud. You gotta love it when people love your kids. Anyway, there is a skill that she is trying to master and they have told her for about a month that she is on the verge of mastering it. She has worked very hard for hours trying to get this skill. She really wants to get this down. But is seems that every time she fixes one problem, another one creeps up. She was very discouraged after practice tonight and started crying. My body is aching for her! I see her doing what she is supposed to be doing and still struggling and it hurts my heart for her. I know that she will eventually get it and this is a good lesson in patience and perseverance for her, but man it is hard for the ol' mom!!

Time to get ready to watch LOST!!!

Kristi

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design