Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Sunday, August 5, 2007



Now tell me who would not want to wake up every morning to this!!

Many of you know that we are dying to get out of Texas and move to snow and mountains. We thought we had a Colorado calling last year, but it was not the right time. We have always wanted to move to Alaska, but it is such a huge jump from Dallas, city life, to Alaska. I have been reading a blog that I found I think on Heather's blog about a couple that live in Alaska and the other day she posted a list of the good vs. the not as good about living there. It really made us want to go. We have been talking about it for months and William has been looking at jobs and praying about it. Tonight he stumbled upon a great opening at a company there and....we applied! Part of me would love for this to go through, while the other part is a bit scared. I don't like bears very much!

Anyway, I know that applying is a long way from getting, but it is a step!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cody just finished a book called Looking for Alaska by Peter Jenkins. He really liked it. The author went and lived in Alaska (and traveled it) and wrote about the real people he met there.
I often think about moving to another, more beautiful place. You can live almost anywhere...it's just hard to make the effort to move and leave what is comfortable. I think it's great to take those first steps and I hope it works out for you!

Amberly said...

Kristi, this picture & your post reminds me of the vacation we took this weekend to Baguio City (without the snow). It was up in the mountains & it was beautiful! There was no A/C in any of the hotel rooms, cars, restaurants, homes, etc. because it was not needed. It is naturally cool all of the time. We visited one of Sammy's friends that works at the TI facility there & his home has an unbelievable view of the mountains, the rice terraces, as well as incredible sun sets! We were terribly envious!

Heather said...

It looks beautiful there doesn't it!

Anonymous said...

Why are you reading other's blogs? Remember, you got upset when I read yours.

Dallas

Genell said...

Looks beautiful and COLD! If is doesn't get above 80 degrees then I'm not interested. The lizzard here loves Texas summers.

We sure would miss your family. I know one teen who would be devastated if Bri left!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design