Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Instructed By My Master/Held By My Soulmate

Master
*wanting you to do things that will benefit himself and can "order" you to do those things
* may be indifferent to the boss
* A master or a boss "owns" me and is most interested in what I can do to serve Him and then based on my service to Him, He will decide how to reward me. I don't necessarily serve him because I want to but because I am indebted to him or I want the reward
* a boss is someone in charge, I don't have that personal relationship with them. I don't know the personal areas of their live that they need help with. I would respect them and do the job but not have the close relationship with them, like I do with my soul mate

Husband
*wanting to do things together
*You trust and love the soul mate
*always seeking my good and does not demand service from me but seeks ways to meet my needs so I in turn have no other desire but to in return serve His needs.
*I know my soul mate intimately and would know how to support him and how to help him in the areas that he needs help with. more respect for my soulmate

Hosea 2:16
"In that day," declares the Lord, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master'."


Do you see your relationship with God as one of a servant/master or a wife/husband?

I believe that we need to first seek Him as a master. In part, this is what first draws us to Him. We are sinners, we are lost and we need guidance. Once we have turned our lives over to Him, I think that changes. He is still Lord of all, Creator and the Beginning and the End, but He becomes more! It is an awesome thought to try and wrap my mind around! That He, who creates the world as we know it, with just His words chooses me. He wants to do things with me. He wants me to love and trust Him. He meets my needs. He wants me to desire Him. He wants me to know Him intimately.

How can we experience this?? Time! We MUST take the time to spend with Him. He is there waiting. You just cannot get to know Him fully on only a day or two a week. I think many people think this time has to be planned, organized and executed to a tee to see results! I know there have been many times that I skipped my quiet time because I did not have a good devo book, or I only had 10 minutes. Some of the best times between a husband and wife are the five minutes you grab just to sit together in the silence.

Just grab the time! Grab His hand and sit for five minutes! You don't have to plan anything, you don't even have to say anything, just be there with Him! Let Him hold you.

Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design