Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bring It On!!

Boy am I ready for the summer to start! Last summer was the first time we have taken the summer completely off from school and we had sooo much fun. I am looking forward to a repeat!

Life has been crazy around here lately. Lots of changes in the works. Tori has quit gymnastics. We are all excited about that and enjoying the extra time to hang out together.

I was on a parenting panel at church last week and felt like such a misfit! Totally had no profound advice to offer. I have been going to water aerobics several times a week and have really enjoyed it. I know that I really, really, really need to lose weight, but I also know that I will not stay consistent if I change too much at one time. I stopped all of the diet cokes, have done the water aerobics class for several weeks now and I have just signed up to start weight watchers online. This might be too much too soon, but we will see :)

I attended a ladies silent retreat with my church last weekend. It was great! I will admit that when I went to bed the first night, I was prepared to leave the next day. Some of you may be shocked, but despite my need to talk and visit, I don't enjoy retreats. I ended up staying and I am really glad that I did. I met many ladies that I did not know before the retreat and that was fun!

Bri is doing better regarding losing her cat. It has been pretty hard on her. She is wrapping up her first year of high school. Boy, is homeschooling a highschooler stressful!!!!!!!!!! So much to keep track of :)

Tori will be starting piano lessons in a week. She is really excited about that. While William and I napped today, she surprised us by cleaning the house!!

Emi lost her first tooth last week. She was sooo excited about that. She is beginning to seem more like an elementary aged kid and not my little Emi. I am not too happy about that :(

Kalli is just Kalli! She is constatly having to fight the temptation to stick her cute little tongue out at me when she gets mad. She is so funny! To me, she still looks like a toddler, but I know that she will loose that look soon.

Alrighty, there is a gnat that is flying around and driving me crazy so I guess I will go and squish him!!

Fun!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I really enjoyed hearing from you on the panel. I thought you were real and honest. I loved it when you said "you like tv". I get so tired of hearing those mom's who seem to feel so noble by telling everyone they don't watch a lot of tv in their house. Well...good for them. We watch tv! I don't think we are bad parents for it either. I think city kids have a different lifestyle than I did growing up. I can't let them roam the neighborhood like I did. What should they be doing? They read a lot, they play with legos, they play board games....and they watch tv and play wii.

I'm glad you were on the panel and I am very glad you stayed at the retreat. I'm really hoping you come again. ;-)

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

Like I said...I am a misfit! I was one of "those" mom's who don't allow the kids to watch tv except for rarely :) That was a couple of the other mom's who said they loved tv.

Our main reason for not watching tv is that there is no time. By the time we get everything done that needs to be done we just don't have time. I did say though that we have "days" where Kalli and Emi will watch more than usual. William and I watch some shows on the computer when they put them out on the networks websites, like Bones.

Anyway, it is just what is best for us. I don't think I am better than anyone else or noble. In fact I take a lot of grief over it from my family. My dad gave the girls a HUGE screen tv for Christmas and my brother gave them a Wii. We have the "stuff", just not the time :)

I am glad I stayed at the retreat as well. I do plan on going to the next silent one!!!

Lynn Leaming said...

I too am glad you stayed on the Silent Retreat and I got to hear your climbing story. I can still see the image :) It wouldn't have been the same without you!

Hope we can encourage each other on the Weight Watcher journey!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design