Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Teens Rock!!

Okay, I am going to take some time to brag on the teens at RE!! My, oh my are they awesome!!

I will post later today on the prayer journey that I helped with this weekend, but first you must know about some people who made it an awesome time for the kids (besides, of course, our children's minister who spent countless hour investing in it :) ).

Six of the teens from our church, ranging from through all of the high school grades came to help on the trip. When you normally think of teen helpers, you may think of very little help and possibly a hindrance. Let me tell you...these kids were awesome!!

The girls that went were so fun to be around! The kids loved them to death and really enjoyed the fact that they were there. The two girls made a point to spend time with each girl. During worship, they would sit with the kids and participate with them. Never, ever, ever did I hear either one of them complain or speak ill of any of the children they were there to help with!

The guys that came just knocked my socks off! All four of them were so quick to jump in and help with things. They paid so, so, so much attention to the younger boys there. I don't think they ever got a break from boys climbing on them, talking to them and playing with them. Again, I never heard them complain.

All six of them made a point to let every child they passed, from our church or not, know that they were noticed and special. There was an awesome water slide there for everyone to play on. The teen boys were really having fun sliding on it. On little girl was really upset that she had to stand in line and wait so long. I saw one of our teens stop her and give her a spot in front of him. They helped kids remember medicine, cleaned up, encouraged car sick kids and generally made it an even better weekend than it would have been without them. I can say with certainty that their attention to the younger children changed the path of some of those kids lives. I feel so blessed that I was able to see it!

Now let me tell you how those kids worshipped!! Boy howdy those teens were raising the roof with praise! It was one of the neatest things I have ever seen. The more that the teens praised, the more the younger kids followed. Finally, there was a room of over 100 kids singing and praising at full force! Indescribable!!

If you are a parent of, or happen to know the teens that went on RoadMap with RE, you should tell them how awesome they are, because they truly, through the power of the Lord, rocked some kids' world this weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!! Preach it! We've got some good ones that is for sure, now you see why i love my job! Thanks for sharing this. Do you mind if i share it with other people?

-C.P.

Lynn Leaming said...

I am glad that you were able to witness how God uses these teens to bless younger kids. They have always been amazing as camp counselors too! Their self sacrificing was always an example to humble me for sure. That has always been the blessing for me in working with the kids is that one day the very kids you took on Roadmap will be the teens going along to bless other kids. The cycle just keeps repeating and is truly what discipleship is all about! Thanks for telling us your experience.

Kristi said...

C.P. I would love for you to share this!

Thank you for all you do!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design