Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Beginnings!

A new year, 2007! What will become of my family, my home, myself during this next year. You can't help but wonder what the new year holds. I am very aware that life as I know it can change in a split second. I might as well get this out in the open, I am a control freak. I wish it were not so, but I am and knowing that the major percentage of my life is out of my control, at times drives me insane. It is not that I don't trust others in the drivers seat. I don't think I am better, I just like to be aware of everything going on so I can have a plan. A new year brings a new journey in which I am not in control.

Being as I am, I do not like New Year's resolutions. Mostly because I have already dropped them by about January 5th!! I do have goals though that I want to work towards. One is to do some type of physical activity 4 days a week. Another is to work on my "all or nothing" issue. I am sure that I am not alone in this, but I either go hogwild crazy on something or decide I can't do it and then don't. I would have to say that this probably lays root with my control freak personality, but who am I to say. I am working hard to realize that I can take baby steps towards things and that that is okay.

My big goal for the year is from Psalm 63:1. Just in case you don't have that verse committed to memory, I will share....."O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where ther is no water."

There are many things in my life that I have longed for, but I can't say that my body has longed for God. I wish that I had. Don't get me wrong, I have a love for God. I would even go so far to say that I have desired God at times, but never a longing. I have met people that long for God. You can just tell it when you are around them. Anyway, I read this verse one morning and really started to wonder why I did not feel like this. I prayed about it and decided that I would study the source of the verse, David. I mean, out of everyone in the Bible, I really relate to him. He messed up big time and many times, yet God called him a man after his own heart. So throughout this new year, I am going to take a journey studying David. I would love to have you journey with me. My prayer is that when I am done, I will thirst and long for my Savior!

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design