Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Monday, July 30, 2007

M and M Mom's

We are looking at starting a new group at church called M & M Mom's, Mom's Mentoring Mom's. I have often thought how much I would love to grab a lady named Ouida from our church and just sit down with her and listen to her talk as well as ask her questions. I happened to mention this one day to another lady and she said that she had often thought the same thing. The more people I mentioned it too, the more I began to see a need for something like this. After speaking with our children's minister and getting the green light, I am working on starting a group. This group will be open to anyone who is a mom (to children of all ages), anyone pregnant, anyone who may one day become a mom, or anyone who just wants more information and advice!!

The name, Mom's Mentoring Mom's, was shortened to M&M Mom's because we all know you can't have a good meeting of mom's without chocolate!! Anyway, we will meet once a month and have different mom's come and give talks as well as plenty of time for questions! I am really excited about this and I hope that other people will be excited as well. I have posted a survey on the side of what time you think will work best. We are still working out details, but it looks like it will be a time of fellowship, food, mentoring and discussion! Can't beat that. Please let me know if you would like to help with the planning as well as if you have any suggestions or ideas.

WoooHooo, it's going to be fun :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a great idea!
i voted for weekday evening, but sat. mornings are usually good too. i almost voted for that.

Roger Cook said...

Besides, Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing has a trademark on .

Kristi said...

R,

You crack me up!! Who knew that someone so smart could have such a sense of humor??!! (besides myself of course :)

Heather said...

Fun idea! I am not a mom but I would love to come (if that is okay)

Kristi said...

Heather it would be absolutely okay!! In fact, if you don't come we will come hunt you down :)

Lynn Leaming said...

Kristi,
I am glad God has called you to this, as you yourself are a great mentoring mom!! I had told Jami that this was one of the ideas I had not implemented yet (on a list I gave her), it may have been you that originally mentioned it to me? Anyway...whoever did another aspect of it was having a mentoring mom partnered with a pregant mom who could be her prayer partner, advisor as needed, and go between between visitors and her when she is in labor. If it wasn't you that was in the meeting where we talked about this, feel free to contact me if you want to discuss it more. Pray God will bless this idea beyond all that you can ask or imagine.

Kristi said...

Lynn,

What a great idea! I would love to hear more about it. It is something I really feel called to help with and something I think will bless many people.

Thanks!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design