Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What A Day!!

Well, no scorched faces today :) We were blessed to be able to go to a concert/sing-a-long for Brianna's woodwinds class. She has come so far in just a few months! It was really fun to listen to the Christmas carols that they played.



I am still amazed at people that play instruments! It is like a sport. Bri's teacher was warning her that she needed to make sure and practice over the Christmas break because she did not want to lose the muscle work that she has done!!




I love Christmas cards!! We all race to the mailbox to see if there are any in there. Today we had 4!!! It was soooo fun to open them and look! At the end of the season, we wrap the cards in ribbon and put them out the following year. The girls and I made ours this year and we had a great time doing them!





Tori and Emi played at the park for a bit while we waited for Bri's thing to start. Kalli had fallen asleep in the car so they had to play right by me, but they had fun.




I had the most wonderful omelet today!! You are going to think I am crazy when I tell you how I made it, I thought the same thing. A friend gave me the recipe and frankly I was doubtful. With four kids asking what was for lunch and supplies running low, I agreed when Brianna asked if we could try out the recipe. We gathered supplies..

Two large eggs
ziploc baggies
mixins (we used cheese, bacon and broccoli)

Then..into a quart-sized Ziploc freezer bag, crack open two large eggs. Shake the bag to break up & scramble the eggs.
Add whatever ingredients you'd like to the Ziploc bag:
cheese
onion
chives
bell pepper
olives
ham
bacon
chicken
You get the idea.
Add your extra ingredients to the eggs and shake to mix.
Try to get as much air out of the bag as possible, and zip it up. You don't want air in the bag to expand while cooking because it may cause the bag to burst.
To cook, place the bags into boiling water for 12-15 minutes. Depending on the size of your pot, you can cook several (6-8) omelets at a time.

I know it sounds crazy, but these were honestly the best omelets I have ever had. All four girls devoured theirs as well.





So if you like omelets at all, you MUST try this!!

I also did a little shopping today. The girls stayed home and I went out for a couple of hours and picked up a few things. Then I swung by Little Ceasers and picked up a pizza for dinner. William had to work late, so we had a girls night!

After pizza we baked some chocolate chip and pecan cookie bars and watched the best Christmas movie ever in the history of Christmas movies...It's a Wonderful Life!! Awesome, awesome show!! After we finished that the girls and I rode around for a little bit and looked at Christmas lights. All in all, we had a terrific day!!

Hope you did as well :)

3 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

We were the grateful recievers of one of your handmade Christmas cards. Our JOY card was so cute!
Thanks! Even Steve mentioned he thought it was handmade and how cute it was.

Amberly said...

I am very interested in these omelets! What a cool way to let the kids cook one!! Love it & will definitely be trying that recipe!

Heather said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun day!!

We also loved your card!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design