Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Poor Baby...




You know, it always seems to happen to Brianna. Sometimes that baby just can't seem to catch a break!

Four years ago we got a dog from a shelter. She was a great dog, but was very aggressive when men or boys came around. When the neighborhood kids would come over to play, she would really get fierce. I was very afraid that she would bite someone. We tried putting her in another room, but she would know that they were there and would come out mad. We brought over a dog trainer who worked with her and us several times. Finally, after a year, we told the girls that we were going to have to bring her back to the shelter.

It was very hard on them, especially our animal lover, Brianna. We really did not know what else to do and she snapped at a couple of people, so we really had no choice. Anyway, we told Brianna that, even though I was deathly afraid of cats, she could save up $200 to cover the adoption, supplies and have some left for future vet fees, we would let her get a cat. She worked for a year and finally saved up. This time we put a lot of prayer into finding the right cat. We went to several shelters and were waiting for a good fit.

Finally one day we went to visit a local shelter and we found her. She let all of the girls hold her and never tried to get down. She was very affectionate and enjoyed our chaos. We came back the next day and Bri adopted her. We took her to a vet to get her checked out and home she came. We have had her about two years. Never has she hissed at anyone, not has she ever snapped. She would just lay down and let Kalli "pet" her. She really is a good cat. Over the weekend she developed a knot on her back. This morning it had grown a lot so we took her to the vet. Turns out she has Feline AIDS. There are three stages of it and she is in stage 3. She is spending the night at the vets tonight because she is having trouble coming out of the sedation that they gave her when they drained the abscess.

Brianna is devastated that her cat is sick. She has cleaned the litter box out everyday for the past two years. She has taught the cat to walk on a leash outside as well as to sit on command. My poor baby is having to experience suffering and death and I wish that I could fix it for her.

To top all of this, she stepped on a bumblebee and it stung the bottom of her foot this afternoon. She is not having a good day!!

Please, please, please keep her and Girly Girl in your prayers! I know it is just a cat, but she has become more than that to us. She has been given a piece of Bri's heart and I am afraid it is one that she is going to loose.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Kristi, I am so sorry. I will keep Brianna in my prayers.

Lynn Leaming said...

I was always afraid of cats too until I went to my mother in laws and fell in love with hers. If I could figure out a way for them not to lose hair I would love to have one. I know Girly Girl is part of the family and it is so hard to watch animals live their lifetimes among us. I will be praying that the Lord bless you all with the strength to face the days to come. Glad you came back to the blog world!!!

Kim said...

I still remember losing a beloved pet when I was Brianna's age. I remember thinking I was hurting worse than I had ever hurt before and all people could say was "It's just a dog!" I never minimize the loss of a pet after that experience.

Kristi...Glad you are back. I've missed you.

Our Blogger Templates Web Design