Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Health Nut!!??!!

I know what you are thinking! Health nut is not in the top 10 names you would use to describe me! Okay, more like not in the top 100!!

Well, for the next 30 days I am going to be a health nut. Well, maybe not a health nut, but definitely a healthier chef! We have decided that for the next 30 days we are going to attempt to eat foods that are not processed...at least for the most part!

So today I made my menu for the next 2 weeks and went to the store to buy everything. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did not cost as much as I thought that it would. We did buy some convenience foods, but I tried to by all natural/no additives or preservatives convenience food.

We started the 30 day challenge with this menu:

Breakfast - pancakes and scrambled eggs
Lunch - skipped it because we ate a late breakfast
Dinner - cheese pizza

Now, I have not given up white flour yet because I have not had time to learn to cook with whole wheat flour, but I figure it is better than nothing!!

So pancakes were great and easy because I am used to cooking them from scratch. The pizza was more of a challenge.

I had to find a recipe for the crust as well as the sauce. Something else I found interesting was that a block of cheese has many fewer preservatives than does shredded cheese.

What was really fun about the pizza is that there were enough steps for each of us to help! Tori made the pizza sauce (which was wonderful!), Brianna shredded the cheese, I made the crust and Emaleigh cooked and strained the spinach.

I found that we had a really great time working together and we all enjoyed the meal!!

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design