Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Cooking up a Storm!

Boy howdy, I feel like I am cooking all of the time! Actually, I guess it really is not that bad!! Breakfast was mostly cooked the night before, lunch was easy, but dinner was a doozy!!! I keep forgetting that I can't just whip together a dish of manicotti! I need to make the sauce first.

Today we had:
Breakfast - granola bars (I had to cook these the night before and let them cool.)and vanilla yogurt (I bought the all-natural tub from Kroger)
Lunch - crackers (I bought the all-natural ones from Kroger), some different types of cheeses, grapes and a variety of nuts.
Dinner - stuffed manicotti, green beans (frozen kind), and homemade garlic bread

I was amazed again by the amount of work that went into dinner! We started preparing at around 5:00pm and ate at 7:00pm!!! I am wondering if I can keep this up once spring break is over and school starts back. The good thing is that I am making extra of the sauces and freezing them.

I have to admit how much I love working with my girls though! We each grab an apron and go to work! Today Tori made the bread (YUMMY!!) and green beans while Brianna stuffed manicotti (this was fun!!)and grated cheese. We had a good time visiting while we were cooking!

Tonight I am thinking about what a blessing it is to have children to work and share with!

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design