Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday.....Seriously????

Wow!! Spring break has flown by! It has been fun being able to sleep in a bit and piddle around the house with the girls!!

Today Brianna leaves for 3 days to go on a 17 mile backpacking trip with William and my brother. She is so excited! I am soooo NOT!

I keep reminding myself that she is in good hands, God is in control, and it will be a great time for her with her daddy, but I can't stop worrying a bit!

I am mostly worried about the bears coming out of hibernation and that one will eat her! Totally irrational....I know!!

Now to food! Yesterday I made biscuits for breakfast and noticed that the baking powder had a lot of ingredients in it. I had never thought to check it and was a bit surprised to see so many that I could not pronounce (which I have learned is not a good thing!). Anyway, I was surprised to find aluminum in it. But....Sprouts to the rescue!! They carried a no aluminum added brand!!

It was a good cooking day yesterday! Less time in the kitchen, which is always nice!

Breakfast - homemade biscuits, eggs, raspberries and blackberries
Lunch - because our breakfast was so filling we really just had a snack of some popcorn and nuts
Dinner - This was WONDERFUL!!! a huge tray of oranges, apples, pears, pineapple, and berries, yogurt to dip the fruit in, 2 kinds of homemade bread (white and wheat), peanut butter, honey, a variety of cheeses, and nuts. My brother ate with us and kept commenting on the fact that he was surprised how filling dinner was and how much he enjoyed it! We topped dinner off with a pound cake that Tori and I made for dessert!

So far, so good!!

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design