Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Day One!

Whew! What a fiasco my quiet day with Kalli turned out to be!! Okay, let's see how day one went.

What I struggled with: It was so hard, after a long, rough day to not swing into Taco Bueno and pick up dinner. Again, it is the convenience thing. It is a bigger part of my life than I would have ever thought.

What my family thought: I am not really seeing much here yet. Today was mostly a trial for William and me. The girls are still really excited to be participating in this exercise. They will start to feel it more tomorrow afternoon when they have to help me in the kitchen with trying to get cooking and freezing done for the month. We decided to try and cut out convenience foods so we are making muffins, breads and granola bars as well as the dinners.

What I have learned:
1) Again, I rely too much on convenience products. I think this will be a huge struggle over the next 29 days.
2) Today as I drove with Kalli to the doctor, I thought about the moms in the world that can't just plop down a $10 copay and take their child to the doctor when their mommy radar says that something is wrong. I thought about all of the moms that have to sit and watch their child die of starvation or some other disease that is no big deal to us in the US. Today I have learned to be thankful that I have access to health care for my children.
3) Money, whether you have it or not, plays a big part in our lives. If we have it we are trying to figure out what to do with it, if we don't we are trying to figure out how to get it. What is it about money that we are looking for to fill in a part of us. Maybe to buy stuff. I don't think so, because we all know that the stuff is temporary. Possibly happiness and approval. I am really not sure. I guess it is something to think about!

I'll check in again tomorrow!!

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design