Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day Three!!

What I struggled with: Selfishness! I honestly had trouble giving the money we have saved thus far to church today. We had decided that was what we wanted to do with what we saved and I am ashamed to say that it was hard. I felt like I had sacrificed to get the money and I should be able to save it for myself. This is not the attitude I was wanting to develop from this! I also think I am spending too much time on what I can do to teach our family and myself through this and not letting God do and teach us what He wants us to learn from this.

What my family thought: William said it was hard for him today because there were several times he started to run out and buy something and had to stop himself. He is also wondering what we are going to do for date night tomorrow since we can't go out to eat :) I told him I am sure we can think of something :+)

What I have learned: I really need to make sure that I don't let this become something other that what it set out to be. One of our main goals in doing this is to simplify our lives more so that God can come through clearer. I may be making the act of simplifying more complicated than it needs to be. I think I am over thinking and planning and I need to sit back and let God be God!


What I want to learn: I would like to learn where I need to cut back on time obligations. The class that I went to that started this whole thought process, I have not been able to make it back to because of other obligations that have popped up! Pretty pathetic huh!!

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design