Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Friday, April 13, 2007

TGIF!!!!

Thank goodness it is Friday!! What a great day of the week:) We were going to head out camping this weekend, but decided to stay home instead. Now with the weather looking so yucky, I am glad!

We were looking over our summer schedule last night trying to decide what to do for vacation. Every year we get the girls together and pray for knowledge of where to go on vacation and then we draw from a hat. We put in N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW and home. When we pick a direction, we look at a map and find something that would be fun in that direction. One year we really wanted to go north and we drew east. We put the paper back in and prayed again (just in case He did not hear us the first time :) and we drew east again. We had a blast on that vacation seeing things that otherwise we would never have seen! Anyway, last night we drew for this years vacation and we drew home. Now, our rule for if we draw home is that we get someone to come in and clean the house before we start, we eat out the whole week and no regular stuff like chores, laundry, phone calls, etc. The girls were pretty bummed that we will end up vacationing from home, but I think it could be a blast. We decided to go with the theme of air, land and water. We will have one day of each! If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

I forgot to mention that the doctor called on Monday about Kalli's check up. She said that Kalli's anemic and she needs to add iron drops to her daily regime of vitamins. She said that kids usually become anemic at her age because they drink so much milk that they don't eat enough and milk has no iron in it. Kalli drinks iron enriched soy milk that has plenty of iron so she thinks there could be something else causing the anemia, but she wants to start here and see. Kalli will go back in about 6 weeks after taking these drops to see if this helped.

The Children's Place is having a great 4.99 sale. I ordered Tori an outfit and two shirts, Emi an outfit and Kalli an outfit and I paid $39 including shipping!! WooHoo am I excited!

Well, I guess I need to get going! The girls are waiting to start their math tests!!

Later Gator!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what an interesting way to choose vacations! I've never heard of that before. It sounds like fun. If I was vacationing from home, I would go to the Mesquite Championship Rodeo. Cody and I used to go sometimes before we had kids, and want to take Ava and Nate sometime soon because we think they'd like it. It's neat to watch the bull riding, calf roping, cowgirl barrel racing, and they have a time when the kids go out and all try to chase around a calf and pull a ribbon from its tail for a prize. I think there's also a petting zoo area. Anyway- that's my suggestion. It isn't your everyday kind of activiy.
http://www.mesquiterodeo.com/

Unknown said...

You are so good at this blogging thing. I tend to get bogged down and then feel like I have so much to say so I don't say anything. I will work on that some more. I really enjoy reading your blog!

Kristi said...

Becky, I guess we started choosing this way because there are so many great places to go that we did not want to miss anything! The rodeo sounds great. I told William about it last night and we looked at the website. I think we may add that! Thanks for the suggestion!

Kristi said...

Stormy, thanks! Now that I am figuring more how to do it, I am really enjoying it. I am finding it pretty helpful to think outloud!

Anonymous said...

It must be crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzey

Our Blogger Templates Web Design