Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

You know how excited you get when you reach the last hour of an eight hour drive? That hour seems to fly because you have entered familiar territory and you see an end in sight! That is how I feel today! First of all, tomorrow is the beginning of the weekend and then after this week, we have only 5 weeks of school to go!! Yoohooo!!! I am ready for an awesome summer with the girls. I don't think we are going to travel as much this summer, we are going to spend lots of time hanging out around here. I think Kalli is old enough this summer that we will be able to do more all together.

The girls received their awards for LTC last night. They were very pleased with the results, though a bit disappointed that chorus (yes, the one I directed) got a silver. I don't agree with the final result, but such is life. I told the girls that a lot of times we don't get what we deserve, and most of the time that is a good thing!

We were able to go to church last night for the first time in about three months. The girls had swimming and then gymnastics which made us unable to go. I had really been a bit restless with my church experience. We had talked about looking elsewhere for a place to attend. We have really discussed and prayed about the right thing to do. Our main concern was that our 12 year old and our 5 year old really have not found their "place". Brianna is pretty laid back and rolls with the punches, but it was really bothering Emaleigh (5). She does not seem to have any problems making friends anywhere except for at church. I must admit that when we invited everyone her age a year ago to her birthday party and only two even bothered to RSVP or come, I was pretty discouraged. She has never been invited to a birthday party of anyone her age at church except one sweet little boy! Pretty discouraging! Anyway, we have decided that we are needed where we are at and can use it as a lesson of what we should be with our church family. I do however hope that they can both find some friends there. I remember growing up that was where my best of friends came from! It was great to be back last night!

I attended a class last night about simplifying your life to further the kingdom. I have thought about simplifying before, in fact I have read many books about it, but never for the purpose of living a more Godly life! What a great thought! I really started to think about where we were in this picture. We have simplified our stuff. Every few months we go through and get rid of any excess and it feels pretty good. Last night has shown me though that we are hoarding something else now in its place, activities. We are gone all of the time and though it is for good things, how can we further the kingdom if we never slow down to experience it! I am really glad that I was able to attend this class. The girl that teaches it is such an inspiration! She had a baby just about 2 months ago and yet she is there, very prepared and ready to go. Boy do I feel bad about my whining about being too tired! I am going to start praying about where to cut back on our commitments and see what happens!

Well, I had given the girls a 5 minute break and I thought I would spend a couple of those minutes typing, but it looks like my 5 went into 10, so I guess I need to skat!

Later!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey- I didn't know you blogged! And wow- I am really touched by your nice words about the simplicity class and about me. That really is an encouragement to me- seriously, it gives me strength and inspires me to put even more effort into the class. You know- we are going to get to "slower" in week 5 of class I think. Even though it only gets one class time, there are 6 ways of thinking about time that are really good to think about and I can't wait to share those with everyone. Plus I have a really cool song for that week that comes off one of Ava's kid CD's. It's so funny! I'm glad you were able to shop the sale at children's place. They were practically giving the stuff away. Now that I know you have a blog I can check it out from now on!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design