Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Week Two

What I have struggled with: I am still struggling with my selfishness and my inability to ask for help. I continue to be in awe of the things that come to light when you simplify life. I have really struggled to continue this. I think that is obvious by that fact that I went over a week without updating! I hate to admit, but for Mother's Day, I told William all I wanted was an ice cold diet coke from whataburger. How pathetic!! I did realize one thing, we have been still renting movies through all of this. You may wonder why I am just now realizing this, it is they draft out a monthly fee so we don't pay per movie and I had not thought about it!

I have noticed attacks from Satan during this as well. The night we were all to sleep on the floor with not mattress or pillows, I had a horrible back spasm so we passed on that activity. Last Friday we were to have our rice and beans day and I was sick with some type of stomach thingy so we skipped that one too. I really feel pathetic. If it were not for the fact that I have people asking me about this, I would have definitely given up by now.

God is working on me through this, that's for sure! I just hope that I learn and listen.

What my family thought: The girls were really bummed about missing the rice and beans day. I think we will try this again on Friday. Our plan was to have only 1/2 cup of rice for breakfast and lunch with 1/2 cup of beans. The babies of course would eat a normal meal. I wanted us to feel hunger for a few hours and get some good discussions going about it.

What I have learned: THANKFULNESS!!!! I am so thankful for the blessed life I lead. Many of the things I worry about are so trivial!

What I want to learn: I would like some direction in my life as a person, not a mom, wife or teacher, but for Kristi!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am still amazed and encouraged by your travel through this experiment. You know, I just took over as editor for the AWARE newsletter at church and although our July issue is already full...I wonder if you'd be willing to share this journey in the Oct. issue. Something to think about. I think it would be great for everyone to read about your month of "less/nothing" and you'd have to condense it a little bit to fit say one full page, but the lessons we could all learn from this are important. Plus you have a great writing style so I know you'd do a great job with it. Just pray about that for the next few months and I'll ask again when the time comes.
Anyway- keep on going. I love hearing about what's going on in your mind as you live this out.

Our Blogger Templates Web Design