Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Ramblings in a Quiet House!!!

Hooray...I have joined the land of the upright again today!! I am feeling much better. Of course it was just in time because now Kalli is sick. During our trip last week, Emi and Brianna each came down with some type of virus or something that gave them a headache and fever. It lasted for a day each and as long as the fever stayed down, they were pretty good to go. The fever really did not even get that high, about 102ish. Anyway, Kalli started running fever last night, but it was higher and did not come down much with medicine. I figured it was the same thing, just reacting differently. Then about lunch I noticed that she kept messing with her right leg. So....I pulled up her pant leg and she has a bite or scrape or something that has gotten infected. The area to the outside of her knee is really red and hot to the touch. I drew a ring around it with a pen and it has one little spot that has spread, but it is more or less staying the same size. I am hoping that I am not wrong about her fever being from the virus her sisters had! I don't think so though. So, I am watching it and lucky her gets to sleep in our room tonight!! So of course Emaleigh comes in and says her throat hurts!! For some reason these silly kids like to sleep in our room. She is now on the floor covered up with a towel and Kalli is sound asleep in my bed.

William has gone to pick up Brianna who is at a swimming get together with kids from church. So I am here in a quiet house, oh yes, Tori is asleep too! So I thought I would show you guys some pictures from our trip.





These two pictures are the view from the porch swing on the porch of our cabin.



This one is a picture of our cabin.



Here we have Bri and Tori after a hike to Bear Cave.




We all hiked the 2 mile trail down to the falls area. Kalli walked some of the way, but got too tired so she fell asleep in the pack.



This one is the view of the waterfall in the bottom of the canyon. It really was a beautiful sight and so worth the hike.



Could not resist the cute turtle!



This one has all of the girls along with William and I and my dad.

Okay, the hike down was great, so pretty! Oh lordy, I thought I would die hiking back up. One tends to forget when heading out on a hike downhill that what goes down usually comes back up!!!

I highly recommend Arkansas State Parks. They have what I think is the best state park system in the tristate area. Northern Arkansas is just beautiful!!!

Okay, everyone have a great night!! No sickies tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad you are better and hope that everyone else in your house is headed in the same direction!! Those pictures are beautiful!!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design