Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Please Help!

Okay blog friends, I really need some help! One of the hardest part about homeschooling for me is keeping up with the reading. Tori and Brianna each year read about 15 different great literature books. Being they are in different grades, that equals 30 books for me. I love being able to read and discuss the books with the girls, but this year I see no way.

With it being Brianna's freshman year, she is doing a study of Great Books of early modern history. She will cover 12 books this year. I just can't read them all with her. What I am looking for is someone who maybe loves one or two of these books and would be willing to sit down with her and have a discussion after she reads the book. Maybe you see one of your favorite books in this list, or one you want to read! I am not looking for an expert, though if you are that is great too! I just need someone for her to swap ideas and thoughts with.

So, could you please look through this list and see if anything catches your eye? Especially you ladies from church!! I would love her to be able to discuss these from a Christian perspective. I can pay you for your time, or treat you to lunch while you have your book discussion. We can work something out! But I would just love for her to be able to do this with several different people. It would be a great experience for her as well as a huge help for me!!!

All of these are the origianl text:

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
Meditations by Rene Descartes
The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyon
The Declaration of Independance
Common Sense by Thomas Paine
The Autobiography by Benjamin Franklin
A Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn
Moby Dick by Herman Melville

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

my fave book of all time is pride and prejudice...would love to discuss it with her!

Amberly said...

The first person that comes to mind is Rachel Cooke. I think she was an English major in college & has read numerous books! And, she always has interesting & thoughtful points during our book discussions.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Barnes and Noble was crowded and, at times, it did get a bit chaotic. However, all of the managers received positive feedback and compliments from many customers. I know my family had a blast. Since B&N does pay my bills, it does hurt a bit that you would even say anything negative about them.

Unknown said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog, Kristi, from being out of town! I could definitely discuss some of these books with Bri - especially "A Vindication on the Rights of Women", "Frankenstein" and "The Scarlet Letter." Let me know if you want me to!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design