Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Week In Review!!

Well, Brianna went to her sleepover for the youth group and had a wonderful time! She hated that the sleepover was at the same time as the Harry Potter book release and almost decided to forgo the sleepover, but she didn't. She is really glad she went and they all had a blast! William went at about 11:45 last night to the neighborhood grocery store to get her the HP book. Luckily he was one of the last ones to get a ticket before they ran out. Otherwise he would have had to fight the horrible crowd at Barnes and Noble! Anyway, she got home around 11am and she has been in her room reading ever since. I walked in a little bit ago and asked her if she got the the part where Harry dies (I was just kidding, as I don't know if he dies or not) and my obviously tired from the sleepover daughter about went hysterical! Gee, she is serious about her Potter!

This week we got back the standardized test results for Brianna from a test she took in May. She was anxious to get them back because she was hoping to qualify for the Duke TIP test in order to attend a Math camp at UNT next summer. I always worry about the taking these tests. Mostly because we only text every other year so they don't get as much practice in the art of standardized test taking. But also I would hate to miss teaching them something and they suffer because of my mistake. It is always nice to get the results in. Though I know that everyone has days where they take these tests and stink at them, it is always encouraging to me to see them do well. I alternate years of them taking the tests as they are quite expensive when you don't get them for free from the public schools (the tests as well as paying for a test administrator) and I just don't see a point in taking them every year until about junior high and then really only for practice taking them for the SAT.

So, this was Bri's year and she did a great job on it. She had been stressing because of 2 she knew that she missed and I told her if the worse thing that happens to her this year is that she misses two on a standardized test, it will have been a good year! Anyway, she qualified to take the other test in the spring so she is very happy!

We got our cruise booked and are really looking forward to that. I also got confirmation of our beach house rental for the week. My friend Terri and her girls are going with us and she, being the planner that she is, is already making lists!!

Kalli had a horrible day yesterday. Her fever got so high that it caused me to sweat just holding her. It did scare me a bit that she was so warm. I have never seen her feel so bad, poor baby. She ended up throwing up too! Today she still has a low fever, but is feeling much better.

William and I went today and bought some new pieces for the girls swingset/fort. It is about six years old, but it is a decent one and we are hoping for it to hold up four more years for Kalli. Not sure about that though! We got some new swings to replace the old ones and a trapeze as well as a new cover for the fort. It may being leaning over, but by george, it will look better!!

My friend Terri comes on Monday for the week. I think on Monday we are going to spend the day at the water park, Tuesday go to a play day with my church, Wednesday do donuts in the park, movie, gymnastics and church in the park. Thursday we are going to stay home and she is forcing me to let her help organize my closet! I think she is tired of hearing my complain about it. She is the type of friend who, when she comes, always helps me get some project or another done. William is working late all next week so we are going to have a blast! Friday we are going to garage sales and out to breakfast!!

Whew, I thought I just had a couple of things to post, but ended up with a novel! Sorry!!

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design