Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

When Push Comes to Shove!

What a weekend! Tori and Emi left on Friday to spend the weekend with my dad and step mom. They were meeting my stepsister and her family for a fun weekend at a state park in a cabin. Last I talked to them, my dad had both girls out right before sunset on the look for some wild animals! They are having a blast.

Yesterday Brianna attended a high school enrichment seminar put on by one of the colleges in the area. She and two of her friends were attending and she was really excited. When I went to pick her up, she looked so excited, like she had just received some huge surprise. Well, it was the physics class. She went on and on forever about how much she loved it. She told me that she went up after the class to tell the professors how much she LOVED the class and they talked with her a while and told her she was a natural. You would have thought the child won homecoming queen! Ever since they covered a little bit of physics in her chemistry class, she had been asking to take Biology over the summer so she could do physics next year and now she is an official physics fool!!

One of the classes she went to was over college admittance. She said at one point they were talking about scholarships for the top 10% and she raised her hand to ask how that worked for homeschoolers. She said the entire class went quiet (for the first time) and the teacher said she did not know. One kid in the back raised his hand to ask what she had asked. She said it was really funny and then after that all of the kids came up to ask her about homeschooling. She said all she did was smile when they talked about how cool it would be to be able to sleep all day and stay in pj's (she starts Latin at 6am T - Fri and we stay in Pj's maybe 4 times a year!).

She found a couple of things troublesome. First was the fact that there were so many kids that talked during the classes making it, at times, hard to hear. And the biggest thing was walking between classes. She said it was pretty funny to see her and her friends walking and every time someone would bump into them they would say sorry and excuse me and everyone else, for the most part, just pushed their way through. She asked if this is how it is in high school when they change classes and I told her it was, for the most part and she thought that would make for a really stressful day. I told her she would get used to it.

I worry sometimes when she does stuff like this that she will feel uncomfortable or out of place being that she homeschools. It always make me happy when it turns out good. I also find it interesting the new perspective that it brings. I never would have thought twice about the pushing between classes, that is just how it is.

Anyway, it went very well. She had a great time, made some new friends and learned a lot of really neat stuff!

While Brianna was at her seminar, the two other mom's and I planned to grab breakfast and do some shopping. We ended up staying at the breakfast restaurant and visiting for 5 hours!! It was great! I did not know either of them very well and I enjoyed the time to know them better.

Last night Kalli and Bri spent the night with my mom and stepdad so William and I spent the evening alone! We had a really good time. William is such a good man and I take him for granted way too often. I am praying to change that.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like an enjoyable weekend! Glad you got to have some alone time with your hubby as well!!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design