Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to YOU!!

I spent some time last weekend reading through my blog postings from last year. I can't believe I have been blogging for a year now :) I got the idea from reading Lynn's blog. I had kept an online journal when I was pregnant with Kalli and had really enjoyed having that. So after reading Lynn's and seeing how easy it was to start, I started!!

Blogging has been a blessing to me. No...really!! I have gotten to know many people outside of my usual circle through blogging, some really GREAT people!!

I think I was almost as excited about Heather, Brooke and Rachel's pregnancy announcements than I was of my own!! Now what makes this even neater is that I don't think I have met Brooke or Rachel in person and I have only met and got to know Heather in person because of blogging!! But I know and can pray for them when they feel less than stealer! The more people I have become involved with in blogging has added more instances of laughter and happiness to my life.

I have laughed about Krystal and her ranch dressing! I nearly fell over laughing about Heather's post regarding Daniel and his vacuum's. I have cried reading about Lynn's struggles after her accident. Becky inspired me with her writing of simplicity and challenged me with her ability to know that a pair of pj's was missing (you see, I had no idea what pj's we had, and never would have known one was missing!). I rejoice each time I see pictures of Brooke's new baby and little J.D.

I have experienced lots of fun adventure's in the Philippines with Amberly! I am relaying stories I read from her all of the time. No one would ever guess that I really did not know her that well before she moved! I have remembered the feeling of the first time you feel a baby move with Rachel :) Just recently I read the adventures of Amanda and Dara up in Colorado and was able to pray for safe travel.
I have learned to appreciate people more through blogging!

One instance of that is Stephanie! She does so much for our church, yet I did not know her very well. Now I can pray for her as she brings up a sweet baby boy! I know that she really likes to win Trunk or Treat :) I, through blogging, have realized that Becky is the editor of our awesome women's newsletter! She also taught an incredible class on Simplicity at church within weeks, yes, you heard me right, WEEKS of having a baby!! I have kept up with minister's from my church and was able to see them more as people instead of the unrealistic perfect view we sometimes have.

I have rolled in laughter upon reading Kim's journal! I find it awesome that someone who I always saw as so profound would be so funny as well!!

I have also been able to keep up with lives of my friends as they go out of town, like Stormy! And see pictures of their celebrations and pray for their struggles.

I have appreciated input from others when I have questions and prayers when things have popped up! You have ooooed and aahhed over my pictures and encouraged me when I was down!!

I have prayed for quads that I have never met, triplets that I have never met, but can look at their tender faces at church! Sweet children that I am able to keep up with their lives and struggles and mom's battling diseases that they should not have to!

Yes, blogging has been a huge blessing to me this year because of YOU!! Thank you for sharing this year and your life with me :)

7 comments:

Amberly said...

And, thank you, too, for keeping up such an interesting, inspirational blog! I love reading about your sweet family, as well.

Happy new year to all of you!

Unknown said...

These are the reasons that I love blogging too! We will simply have to meet in person, I think!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you and Rachel have never met- I know you both so well I just figured you knew each other too. I love blogging for all the same reasons you listed- and I appreciate your honesty and insights. I always enjoy reading your blog!

Unknown said...

This is also so funny, because I blog for the same reasons, I love seeing other peoples lives and getting to know them in ways that I don't otherwise.

May God Bless all of us in 2008!

Lynn Leaming said...

You are such an encourager! I thank God that you are an active part of my blog community! May He continue to use us all to bless each other even more in 2008!

Kim said...

Profound? That is the funniest thing I've read in ages! I've been called a lot of things...but profound is a new one.

I love reading your blog. I get antsy if you don't post regularly. I'm going to admit something here....I'm not sure you will even read it since you have moved on with your postings and this is old (I've been out of town and out of touch)..but I have admired you since that summer years ago when we did VBS activities for the kids outside. Remember that? Every now and then God brings someone into my life and then I get these nudges to deepen the relationship. Becky Campbell is another one of those nudges but sadly....just like with you...I have been too busy or distracted to make the effort. That is why I love both of your blogs so much..I think.

owldog1 said...

I agree I LOVE getting closer to everyone and praying more foe each other and laughing all by blogging.

Our Blogger Templates Web Design