Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dentist :)

Two of my girls have bad teeth! Just so you know, they got that from their Daddy! William is the most meticulous brusher, flosser and rinser I have ever seen and he still has tons of problems with his teeth. Me, well, I brush, but I am terrified of dentists. I remember that my first appointment was when I was 11 to see a "cheap" dentist (Thanks Dad!!). Anyway, I hate to admit that I am not a regular visitor to the dentists office, though we have an outstanding, honest dentist!! (I highly recommend him).

Okay, back to girls. Though I have a dental phobia, I started all four of my girls getting their teeth cleaned when they were 2. Well, like I said, 2 of them constantly have problems and Emi is one of them!! She went for her cleaning a few months ago and they found a couple...no, a few...no several...okay to be honest, she had a TON of cavities (how they could pop up in 6 months I have no idea)!! They were all small, but they needed fixed. Well, it costs another TON to have that many cavities fixed so we made the appointment for Feb. to allow some time to save some $$$.

Anyway, yesterday she told me she could feel a cavity with her tongue, I looked and Oh My Goodness, her tooth was broke!! (Obviously this tooth could not wait until February and did not understand the importance of saving to pay cash) So she went in this morning and they fixed her tooth.

All of this to say we have an absolutely AWESOME pediatric dentist!! She is honest...when Bri was in 2nd grade, I along with other people, were convinced she needed braces. Dr. Allman said to wait and give her mouth time to grow and low and behold, they straightened out!! Her office is fantastic! It is an underwater theme. There is a huge underside of a boat attached to the ceiling (the ceiling is painted to look like you are underwater and looking up out of the water). She encourages parents to sit with the kids while they have work done, if they want to. My girls LOVE to go to the dentist!! Emaleigh even said today that she can't wait to go back next month and get the rest of her teeth fixed.

She got there and they gave her Hannah Montanah medicine (Demerol and phenegran), then they play in the waiting room for a while to let the medicine take effect. This is followed by a trip to the treasure chest where they get to pick a "flavor" of gas mask (grape, bubble gum, orange and cotton candy). There is a tv in the ceiling so the kids can watch a movie while the dentist works. They are wonderful about informing the child of everything they do, though they have changed the technical terms to fun terms (instead of saying I am about to poke a needle in your gums, they say they are putting a bubble under the gum).

Then they gas 'um up and get to business. I have begged them to take me on as a patient!! (no luck there)

If anyone ever needs a GREAT ped's dentist, just let me know!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Send me their name...I want to take Madison there. The one and only time I took Madison - it was a nightmare. They barely got x-rays done. I convinced her that they were taking pictures to send to the tooth fairy so she knew when to come. I had the dentist address and envelope "Dear Tooth Fairy" and slip the negatives inside..lol...she has yet to get her teeth cleaned professionally.

Our Blogger Templates Web Design