Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hang On!!!

Well, here we go, back into reality :( I have really enjoyed my month of being a hermit, but I guess it is time to jump back on merry go round of life.

Ever feel like that? Like life is just spinning on and the best you can do is to just hold on tight and try not to get thrown off or puke everywhere. I do sometimes. Especially with being a mom and a wife. Sometimes I feel like my days are full of the same things over and over. You know, laundry, feed and dress everyone, laundry again, lesson plans, teach, laundry, feed everyone again, laundry!! And then the next day it starts over again.

I have to admit that I am much better at my homemaking skills than I was when William and I first married. I remember our basement having a hill of dirty clothes and I threw a sheet over it all when people would come over!! I remember one time I brought the groceries in and laid them in the entry way of our house. I put up the perishables and the rest just sat there for a couple of days! Instead of taking care of the logistics of running a household, I played. We went on walks in the snow, played dressup, watched Barney. I remember spending hours playing with Brianna climbing in the tubes when Minot finally got a McDonalds play land.

Now I am much better at running a household. I keep up much better with our laundry. I unload the groceries as soon as I get home. I have a schedule, a menu, a cleaning schedule and even a free time schedule.

Then Christmas comes! It actually starts the day after Thanksgiving!! I chuck my schedules. I let laundry pile up a bit, the house gets a bit dirtier, but hey, no one minds, its Christmas and everyone understands. I watch movies with the girls. We all cook together. There are many games to be played and snuggles to be had.

I, like Lynn talked about, always feel a bit down when it is time to peak out of my hole when the festivities are over. I have always felt like the week in between Christmas and New Years is like a warm-up to getting back to real life.

Maybe real life is not what it is suposed to be. Maybe I need to find a middle ground between all of my schedules and to do lists. Is it possible to keep the house functioning and orderly, yet take time out to just be.

Maybe my girls need me to play and snuggle more and organize and plan less!! I think it is hard to find the balance, at least for me. I am an all or nothing type of person. I either do it all the way, the best I can, or I don't do it at all.

I read about how life is like a record playing. You can stand towards the outside, no the fast track, or you can stay towards the center. Find your center and save yourself from the extra running and fast pace. Let God be the center and just hold on.

I would like to spend time this year staying more towards Him, in the center.

1 comment:

Dara said...

Great blog! I needed to hear/read that! It is so easy to swing out to that outer lane of the record and fly by the seat of your pants... I definitely need to aim for the center as well! Thanks!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design