Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!

Yes, today marks that day that my baby becomes an "official" teenager! She has anticipated this day with much excitement! Today she is the birthday princess!
Brianna,

When I think of God working on this earth, I think of you. When I write to you, instead of beginning at the beginning with your birth, I must begin with now. Why? Because you are all about now and the future. Honestly, I am hard pressed to find another person with your faith and you total commitment to God. I am inspired by you.

Your name means "of great faith" and boy does that suit you. You are in a constant walk with God that I find amazing. I am not sure that I can even find words to express in this letter how much I respect you. There is no pride in you, I have done nothing to make you who you are. You are strictly a priceless gift from God gently set down here on earth. I respect you! You have so many qualities that I strive for myself.

The older you get, the more I adore being with you. Half the time I have no idea what you are talking about. When you hit the word molecule, my brain goes on overload! But I love the passion that you have for your interests. I love the passion you have for other people. I am not sure of many other kids that would want a goat for their birthday!! We sure had Tori going on that one!!

At this point in your life, I feel that I don't have great amounts of wisdom left to give you. I can give you something though. Bri, I give you the gift of my love. Though my love will never be as whole and complete as God's love, the love of a mom is a very special thing. I will love your successes as well as your flaws. I will love you enough to discipline you as well as celebrate with you. When you are in pain, my body hurts for you.

I give you the gift of an example of a good, Godly marriage. Whether or not you ever choose to get married, you have been given the gift of a stable family life.

I give you a church that loves you. I can tell you, baby, that this gift is more important than you may imagine.

I give you continued pursuit of knowledge in the Word. Though there will come a time in your life that I or daddy may not be there with you, God will. The more you know His word, the more you know Him!

I give you the gift of many sisters. I am sure there are times where this does not seem like a gift :), but oh what a blessing it is!

Finally, the final gift that I can give you is the gift of letting go. One day you will be ready to go out into the world. God has great plans for your life, I see that! There will come a time when His plan will break off from the daily presence that we share now. When that time comes, I will let you go and not hold you back. I will pray for you and be here for you, but I will watch you from a distance as He transforms you into the woman that He designed you to be.

And I will be amazed....

Love Always!
Mom





3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, this brought tears to my eyes.

owldog1 said...

Me to Becky. Such a great letter for an awesome teenager. Goodness she has grown up right in front of us. She taught me more in Wednesday class then I ever taught her. Such Godly lessons.

owldog1 said...

Thanks for taking the time to pray for Brenton and writing on his caringbridge BLOG on Bri's birthday you are so sweet. Michelle says you do not know how much those messages mean to her right now.

Our Blogger Templates Web Design