Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday......

Well, I guess it is Thursday! Where has the week gone?? I have spent the last 6 hours freezing my bejerby off at the zoo!! Brianna has a science fair project that she is working on and needed to do observation of the chimps. Her science fair is Saturday.

This is a picture of one of the chimps she has been observing. We have named her Sally (though I am sure the zoo has another name for her).



I have grown to think she is quite adorable!!!

I have been fighting a cold and hope that I win!!

My freaky girl has another freaky illness :) Bri thought she was allergic to something last weekend and when I asked to see the rash she had I thought it looked wierd. It was more under the skin than on it. On Tuesday she still had it and I called the doctor. They wanted to see her...of course :) We walked in apologizing because it was just a little weird rash and I was fankly pretty embarassed about going in.

Apparently it is a rash called a petichial rash (I'm sure I have mispelled it). They had a little freak out in the office because from what I understand it is a nasty rash to have. They did some blood work which apparently looked good enough to send her home and wait two weeks to see if it went away. They said her platelet count was on the low end of normal, but it was normal. Wanted to see her back if it spead or got worse. Yesterday it was looking better, but now today it seems a lot worse. It has spread to her upper thighs, some on her abdomen and it seems brighter. So...because of a lack of any other symptoms, I am going to give it until Monday (unless of course something else pops up). I would love to have some prayer sisters join with me in praying for this to go away. They just want to do some more blood work, but since her ton of spinal taps and hospital stay, she is terrified of needles. I thought she was going to pass out when they did her finger prick!!
I hate for her to have to have needless tests!!

Other news...It looks like Williams busy season is almost over!! It is nice to have him home more :)

Guess that is about it. I am going to thaw out with a hot bath!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad you enjoyed the zoo!!!! You should have called me!!!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design