Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jumping Up and Down!!

Good Evening! I am jumping up and down happy that I have Rachel to read and grade Bri's papers!! What an answer to prayer! I even have Steve willing to help as well. What a blessing that is.

Today Bri has a nasty cold, but none of us have had that yucky stomach bug that is going around or the flu!! Hooray! Brianna still has that petechial rash. It is lighter on some days and darker on others. Today it looks pretty light so I am hoping that it is going away.

Lent began on Wednesday. I think it is a really great way to spend time in reflection and prayer. I have gotten rid of several bad habits through the process of Lent. Around five years ago, I would watch 2 hours of Soap Opera's a day. I really did not have the time to do this, nor do I think what I was watching helped my in my walk with Christ. Giving them up for Lent was what I needed to get me out of the habit and helped me give them up for good.

I see Lent as a time for me to reflect on the last year and how I have transformed. Has it been for the better or worse? This year I can see much clearer some of my weaknesses and sins. I think my 40 Days of Nothing exercise brought this on. I know God is molding me, I just get impatient!

Anyway, I read this week about some fellow bloggers having spiritual fumbles and I thought I would share that I have been there too. The past couple of weeks I will get up for my prayer time and Bible study and go through the motions, but I feel it is one sided. I know it is not, that is why I keep on, but it is discouraging.

Sorry about the choppy post! Hope everyone has a great evening!! And...you must come to M & M Mom's on Saturday!! The speaker will be awesome :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to suggest Rachel to you. She helps edit the AWARE and catches everything. I am a decent editor. She is a robotic, perfect, awe-inspiring editor. I'm glad she can help you out!

Unknown said...

Becky...good grief!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick question I ran a search under swollen eyes in toddlers in Goggle and your page came up....when your daughter had that swollen eye problem a few months ago, what did it end up being? My 17 month olds eye is almost identical to your daugthers picture. Thanks daryn_jolene@shaw.ca

Our Blogger Templates Web Design