Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Love and Logic

Those words sound so simple, especially when it comes to parenting. Love your kids and it is only logical that they will do what you tell them. Makes sense to me!!

We had a fantastic speaker yesterday at M & M Mom's. She spoke on loving your children unconditionally. Frankly, when I heard the topic I thought, well, of course we love our children unconditionally! Oh, but God placed this speaker in my path at just the right time. To further show my RE ignorance, I did not know that she was Rachel's mom!!

Anyway, she helped me see that though we were using choices and consequences to promote responsibility and accountability, I was still hanging on to my being responsible as well. She has helped me step back and take more time to be the supporter instead of inforcer. Really great change here!!

On the love side of things, I was able to go out last night with several friends of mine. We met at Olive Garden and stayed until they kicked us out to close! Then we hopped over to Barnes and Noble's Starbucks to get another hour!! I love my friends and I love having time to hang out and visit with the girls!!

This weekend I am heading out to a convention/retreat. It is a time for mom's to get away from the younger snotty nosed set and visit! A time to sleep on clean sheets and let someone else cook!! I am really excited about it. I am blessed to have a husband that encourages me to get out for things like this :)

Brianna's peticiah rash has finally gone away!! Hooray!! Sickness seems to be everywhere, but we have been blessed with a healthy winter thus far.

Sorry about not posting as much. For Lent I have given up surfing the internet (including blogs) until the girls are in bed. By that time I am so tired that I have not had the energy to post!! I will get back into the swing though!!

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad the M&M Mom's meeting went well...sorry I missed it!!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design