Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Were You Wondering???

Were you wondering where I was?? I gave up Internet until after the girls were in bed at 8 for Lent. I have found that by 8pm I am so tired that I can't post anything!!

I have so much that I want to share that I really don't know where to start.

I have been reading a book to my girls every evening called Beautiful Girlhood . My understanding is that it was written in the early 1900's by Mabel Hale, but was updated a bit by Karen Andreola. She took out some of the things in the book that could be seen now days as offensive (I have know idea what was changed), but left the beautiful language and way of viewing a woman from the early 1900's. We have enjoyed it so very much! Each evening snuggling in my bed together and sharing a luscious chapter of this book has been a blessing each evening. I highly recommend it and I am in the process of ordering some for my pregnant friends that are having girls!!

There are many blessings lately that I would love to share with you! Our house has been a much calmer place to be lately. I think there are many reasons for this, but I would have to say that one is our increase in time together in the Word! Praise God for His beautiful Word that fills us up when we need it.

It is so easy, as a mom and a woman to get caught up in the world. Whether it is keeping up with the Jones', having our children excel in things, or even the amount of time we give, it is so, so, so very easy to fall into a competitive mindset. I am so blessed that I have a God that can forgive my wrong-doings, because there are many!

Another blessing...I have been a bit worried about a petichial rash that has been popping up on Brianna. It disappeared last Tuesday and had stayed gone. She did, however, have a few other minor, but odd things pop up during this time. Nothing I would take her to the doctor for, but it kinda nagged at me. Every time I would pray for wisdom as to what to do about going to the doctor she would get a new, but vague symptom. On Monday I prayed specifically that if she needed to go to the doctor that God would allow that rash to crop up again that day. I went home from my prayer walk, asked to look at her feet and legs and it was there all red and icky looking!! I was so thankful for wisdom as to what to do! We went on Tuesday, of course the rash was gone again, but they were concerned about the rash as well as the new little things that popped up so sent her for tests today.

I think it is so neat how God understands that we sometimes need a clear, human easy to understand answer!! So we spent the day hopping from the lab to the hospital, praying we don't catch the flu and washing our hands at every sink we could find :)

Yet another blessing and clear human answer...I had a meeting last week for a team I am on at church. I had been praying on the way to the meeting that if God wanted me to step down from something that he would lead someone else to ask to do it so I could have a clear answer. At the end of the meeting, someone, not knowing that I led the children's chorus, excitedly asked if we needed a leader and expressed her willingness to lead it!! Can't get much clearer than that!!

So if you have been wondering where I have been, you see that I have spent the last week soaking in the Father's words and enjoying my time sitting in the passenger's seat while He drives me down the road of my life!! I don't even have to read the map!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have been missing your posts but thinking about you and your fam.

Glad things are going well and that you are enjoying your time in the passenger seat!!

Lynn Leaming said...

Good to get caught up! Praising God for His faithfulness in your life.
Can't wait to see who stepped up for the chorus (although I thought you did a great job!)

Our Blogger Templates Web Design