Kristi's Krazy Korner!!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

One Week Until Spring!!

Tears gather in my eyes as I think of bidding farewell to winter (or what we Texans call winter). I will miss the cold wind, the smell of a fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate and cinnamon candles! I LOVE cold weather!! I miss North Dakota and the snow!!! I have enjoyed being able to spend more time outside this week though! And I am ready to get working on clearing out the flowerbeds!!

This year is just going by so fast!

I did it!! I gathered all of my courage (which is not very much) and had the laser hair treatment. I think I told the lady three times before she started that I was changing my mind, but I am glad that I did it. It did not hurt too bad and my friend Terri took me out for Mexican food afterwards to celebrate!! I see no difference yet, but they said it take about 10 days. Of course I had to have a little bump in the road by having an allergic reaction to the cream they gave me :)

Once a month on a Tuesday there are three ladies that I get together with for dinner and visiting. We usually meet at different restaurants, but this month we met at my house. We enjoyed enchiladas, good wine and chips and queso!! Does not get any better than that!! One lady is learning to rough it on her new farm so she made homemade refried beans and rice...it was good!! Another lady brought a delicious cheesecake and someone else brought some yummy tortillas with different salsas. We had so much fun!!

Finally one of the ladies said they needed to head home (farmer girl has an hour drive) because it was past midnight!! I could not believe it!!! I never, never, never stay up that late. 10pm is late for me. The next morning I got up at 5:30am, did what I needed to do and went back to bed! That was nice.

Brianna saw the dermatologist today for that silly rash and he thought she needed allergy testing done. Well, thanks but no thanks!! We can deal with a rash occasionally!! They also let her know that it is time to remover her beauty mark (birthmark). She has it measured and biopsied each year and now the time has come to bid it farewell. It is actually kinda sad as the mark is just a special part of her, but apparently it is one that can cause problems so they want it removed. Bummer part is that the dermo doc can't remove it, it has to be a plastic surgeon. They are going to skin graft skin from her bum to cover the area. I told her now when she wears shorts she will be flashing everyone!! I thought it was funny, she was not impressed!!

I have given up diet cokes!! I know that you might find this hard to believe, but I don't really eat that much and I am pretty active. I can't figure out why I keep gaining weight. I am not a snacker and I don't eat after dinner. Now, don't get me wrong, I do overeat, just not enough that I think I should be as overweight as I am. I have had several people suggest that it could be all of the diet coke I drink (about 2, 2 liter bottles a day). I know they are horribly bad for me anyway, so I am going to give it a try. I actually salivated when I drove past a Whataburger (this is where I get my favorite sodas)!! Pathetic isn't it!!??!!

Well, enough rambling for tonight!! Sleep tight!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the update!!

Good luck with the diet coke...that is one of the hardest things I did when I got pregnant! (I have seen that work for a lot of people....hope it does for you as well!)

Our Blogger Templates Web Design